Close gaps, reshape and resize teeth, get a dramatically improved smile with dental veneers in Mesa, AZ
Make time for yourself; dental veneers are an excellent investment in your smile, confidence, and overall well-being. These thin layers of dental porcelain or composite resin are also versatile. When designed and applied skillfully by Dr. Jeffrey Schmelter at My Time Dental Centers in Mesa, AZ, veneers are secured to the natural teeth to disguise a range of cosmetic imperfections. These cosmetic concerns include:
- Stubborn discoloration that resists professional whitening (bleaching) methods
- Signs of wear and tear, such as chipped teeth and small fractures
- Irregularly shaped teeth
- Worn-down or “too short” teeth
- Gaps between teeth
Those “perfect” smiles that you see on many famous faces were designed and created by skilled dentists like Dr. Schmelter. The idea is to mask those flaws in a way that looks and feels natural. So, the veneers process is very technique-specific and requires considerable skill to achieve desirable results.
During a consultation at our office, Dr. Schmelter will talk about what you like and don’t like about your smile. He will use his keen eye and advanced diagnostics to confirm that your teeth and gums are healthy and gain more significant insights into those conditions or features that you’d like to correct. It is crucial that we resolve existing oral problems, such as enamel erosion or decay, with the appropriate restorative treatments. For instance, discoloration and wear and tear can be signs of cavities, which would require a different treatment than veneers: tooth-colored or composite fillings.
You have two options to improve the appearance of your smile with veneers dramatically:
- Direct veneers – Your dentist “prepares” composite resin, a mixture of plastic and glass particles. The material is color-matched to blend in with the surrounding teeth. Applied as a putty, Dr. Schmelter shapes the composite resin to cover up gaps, chips, fractures, and other flaws as needed. The resin is eventually hardened or secured to the natural tooth via a specialized curing light. This process is also known as “dental bonding.”
- Indirect veneers – A small amount of tooth enamel is removed from the teeth to be treated. Impressions or models of the treatment site are then taken. These impressions are used to make the veneers. This type of veneer is typically fabricated from dental ceramics, such as porcelain. Once the veneers are made, they are secured to the front surfaces of the prepared teeth.
During your visit, we will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each option. For instance, direct veneers or bonding do not require enamel removal and can be completed in a single visit. Indirect veneers typically require at least two trips and the removal of minimal tooth enamel. Dental porcelain is unmatched in its ability to replicate natural teeth and is also highly durable and stain-resistant.
Contact us at 480-909-4255 to schedule your visit with our My Time Dental Centers team in Mesa, AZ, and to find out more about options to get smiling confidently again!
Veneers are thin handcrafted porcelain shields worn on the front of the tooth which improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, cracked, stained or worn. Veneers are thin as contact lenses, and are an aesthetically pleasing option of closing gaps, lengthening teeth, and providing symmetry to make your smile more natural. Veneers are intended to last for many years without changing color. They are one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in dentistry. Ask your dentist if veneers may be right for you.