A guide to straightening teeth comfortably and conveniently with Invisalign® treatment in Mesa, AZ
At My Time Dental Centers in Mesa, AZ, we make the most of your time when correcting crowded and crooked teeth to create healthy and attractive smiles. Dr. Jeffrey Schmelter is a proud provider of Invisalign®. This system is a hassle-free, comfortable, discreet, and convenient way to reposition teeth and achieve a healthy “bite.”
Invisalign® in a nutshell
Invisalign® is an alternative to conventional orthodontic treatment with braces. It effectively repositions teeth like braces; however, it does so without using silver-colored metal brackets, wires, and or rings permanently fixed to the teeth.
Instead, Invisalign® patients are provided with a series of oral appliances. These appliances are made from transparent, smooth plastic and designed from scans of your mouth. So, they fit precisely. Slip the tray into your mouth the way that you might wear a professional bleaching tray or retainer. Wear them for at least 20 to 22 hours each day. Only remove them for meals and when brushing and flossing your teeth or cleaning your appliance.
After around one to two weeks, you will begin wearing the next tray in the series. It is vital to wear the trays as directed each day and in the correct order. That way, treatment stays right on track! The consistent force from the aligners gently moves the teeth into proper placement.
Dr. Schmelter’s patients appreciate that Invisalign® is:
- Not noticeable in your smile because the aligners are made from clear plastic.
- Easy to adjust to, with no metal hardware poking against the insides of the mouth or altering speech patterns.
- Low maintenance, no time-consuming cleaning techniques, or expensive oral care products are necessary to keep the aligners fresh and free of stains.
- Healthy; you can remove the trays for effective brushing and flossing of the teeth and gums (to keep the decay away during treatment).
- It is easy to wear as you can remove them for meals, so enjoy even sticky or hard foods with confidence!
Additionally, Invisalign® has evolved through the decades to treat even more complex bite-related issues. The addition of features such as SmartForce® attachments can also expedite treatment. It is possible to straighten your teeth in half the time of traditional orthodontic treatment with braces.
Start the process today! Contact the My Time Dental Centers team in Mesa, AZ, at (623) 777-6456 to schedule your Invisalign® consultation. During your visit, we can show you how your teeth will look after Invisalign®, thanks to sophisticated software that transforms scans of your teeth into 3-dimensional models of your mouth that may be viewed on a monitor alongside your dentist.